Milpera School is committed to maximizing the full human potential of every student within a socially just and culturally inclusive environment. We achieve this by delivering a quality educational and settlement service that is needs based in order to gain the best learning and settlement outcomes for our learners and their families.
Values and beliefs
The school is a community of students, teaching and nonteaching staff, parents, friends and the wider ethnic community. It needs the full cooperation and participation of all those who are part of it. The Milpera local school community also includes members of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- Our school supports reconciliation with the indigenous people of this country.
- The values and beliefs stated below require the support of all members of the Milpera school community.
- We value each person’s cultural identity.
- Every individual has the right to equal access and opportunity.
- Language learning should be reflective of students’ needs and relevant to their immediate requirements and future goals.
- The students’ role is one of developing as independent learners and as active participants in the school community.
- The school values parents’ participation in the education of their children. We value the community’s involvement in the school.
- We value the professional integrity of the whole school staff.
- We value a shared sense of purpose.
- We value a school climate that promotes staff and student participation.