At Milpera State High school we encourage students to actively engage in physical activity that is integrated with written, oral, physical and other learning experiences. We offer a wide range of sporting activities that allows our students to individually and collaboratively learn to make decisions and apply their skills and knowledge to become active, healthy and confident members of the community.
Milpera believes that learning to swim is an integral part of the Australian culture and offers swimming in term 1 and term 4. The swimming program is run by the P.E teachers and the staff at Dunlop Park. The program is set up so that students become both water safe and confident in and around water.
Throughout the year students are also exposed to a range of other sporting opportunities including:
- Urban fitness run by the Australian Catholic University
- MDA tennis
- AFL Lion hearted leadership program
- Fitness First Gym Indooroopilly
- Inter school football competition
- Intra school competition (basketball, football, volleyball)
- Fun run